We have partnered with Nestlé® Pure Life® to share some awesome kids Halloween party ideas. These simple snacks and fun flying Halloween bat craft are sure to get you geared up and excited for Halloween. Thank you to Nestlé® Pure Life ® for sponsoring this blog post. All opinions are my own.
Halloween is one of my kids’ favorite days of the school year. They go to school dressed up in costumes and spend the afternoon having an awesome classroom party with games, crafts and snacks. If you’re in charge of a classroom party or are taking part in your neighborhood Halloween festivities, you’ll love these simple kids Halloween party ideas we are sharing today.
KIDS HALLOWEEN PARTY IDEAS
There are two things every Halloween party needs; fun snacks and a cute take-home craft.
As a mom, I love seeing my kids get excited for Halloween and taking part in all of the fun festivities. Since it’s such a jam-packed day I can relax knowing they have access to healthy hydration with Nestlé® Pure Life® Limited Edition Halloween themed water bottles.
Nestlé® Pure Life® invites parents to get excited for the Halloween season with limited edition water bottles; available in 8 different Halloween-inspired designs, they are the perfect addition to a classroom party or a neighborhood get-together.
KEEPING KIDS HYDRATED ON HALLOWEEN
Kids have many choices when it comes to beverages and, unfortunately, research suggests that water is not always top of mind. One recent study found that more than half of US kids are inadequately hydrated. Other findings highlight that up to 75 percent of kids report not drinking any water before school and that roughly 25 percent of kids report not drinking any water on two consecutive days.
In a 2015 survey conducted by Nestlé® Pure Life®, moms and kids revealed many surprising insights about their hydration habits.
- Drinking water is one of the biggest “healthy habit” struggles moms have with their kids (38%), even more than struggles like “eat your fruit” (29%), “get enough exercise” (23%), “eat your breakfast” (19%), and “drink your milk” (18%).
- Kids who drink 4+ glasses of water per day are more likely to frequently exhibit healthy habits, such as:
- Getting their own water when thirsty
- Eating fruits and vegetables at meal times without reminders
- Requesting healthy food and beverage options for school lunches
Did you know that replacing a single 12-ounce, 140 calorie sugar sweetened beverage with water each day for a year can cut more than 65 cups of sugar from one’s diet? These adorable Nestlé® Pure Life® Halloween themed water bottles are not only great for encouraging hydration at Halloween parties but they are also perfect for trick or treating. Kids can hold them in their trick or treating bag so they can stay hydrated while enjoying their fun night.
To learn more about Nestlé® Pure Life® and find the limited edition bottles at a store near you, visit nestlepurelife.com
MORE FUN HALLOWEEN SNACKS
One of my favorite Halloween snacks—and probably the simplest to create—is making string cheese ghosts. All you do is grab a package of string cheese and use a black permanent marker to draw circle eyes and a mouth directly on the cheese package. Kids will love helping you make these to prep for your party.
Another fun option for Halloween party snacks is turning mandarin orange and peach fruit cups into adorable pumpkins, simply bend a green shimmery pipe cleaner into a stem and vine and tape or glue it onto the bottom of the fruit cups.
After you have your snacks in order for your Halloween party it’s time to prep for kids to make a fun craft. This flying bat Halloween craft gets kids using their creativity and the best part is after creating it, they can enjoy playing with it!
HOW TO MAKE A FLYING BAT HALLOWEEN CRAFT
- paper plate
- black, gray and white paint
- black cardstock
- jumbo craft stick
- googly eyes
- white colored pencil
- craft knife (adult use only)
1. Begin by tracing a circle (or drawing a circle) on the edge of the inner circle of the paper plate with your pencil to make a moon. Paint the inner circle of the paper plate, excluding your moon, with your gray paint.
2. Paint a tree or two on your gray circle with your black paint. Using a sponge brush helps make this step easy for children.
3. Paint the outside rim of your paper plate with black paint. Then paint your moon with yellow paint.
4. Paint your jumbo craft gray. Set your paper plate and jumbo craft stick aside for the paint to dry completely.
5. While your paint dries, it’s time to make your bat. Cut out two circles from your black cardstock. One 2 1/2-inches in diameter and one 2-inches in diameter. Cut the larger circle in half to make bat wings. You’ll also need to cut out two triangle ears for your bat.
6. Make accordion folds in each of your wings to give them extra dimension. Glue the wings on the back of the black circle and the bat ears.
7. Glue googly eyes on your bat. Then draw a mouth and sharp teeth on your bat with your white colored pencil.
8. Glue your bat onto the end of your jumbo craft stick.
9. Have an adult cut a slit in the center of the painted paper plate across your painted trees. Now insert your jumbo craft stick down inside the slit and your Halloween craft is ready for play.
YOUR FLYING BAT HALLOWEEN CRAFT IS FINISHED!
Hold one side of the paper plate with one of your hands and then use your other hand to move around the jumbo craft stick behind the paper plate to make your bat fly across your spooky Halloween sky.