HOW TO MAKE A BOTTLE CAP PRINTED SNOWMAN CRAFT
Supplies you will need:
- dark blue and white cardstock paper
- white paint
- bottle caps (we used a milk cap and water bottle cap)
- toothbrush (optional)
- variety of washi tape (like THIS or THIS)
- permanent markers
- white permanent chalk marker (optional)
- small paper plate
- glue stick
1. Start by cutting your dark blue cardstock paper in half. This is the size we used, but you could also choose to use the entire sheet. Or, you can fold your cardstock in half and make these into adorable cards.
2. Tear a white snow hill off of your white cardstock paper and glue it onto the bottom of your blue cardstock paper.
5. We also got out an old toothbrush (I like to keep on my craft supplies for projects like this) and pressed it into the white paint and then flicked paint onto our blue cardstock paper to look like snow was falling. This can get really messy with little ones so I suggest doing it outdoors or inside a sink where you can easily wash away any paint splatter. Let your paint dry completely.
6. Once your snowmen are finished drying, get out your markers and washi tape to decorate your snowmen and give them some personality. Draw on a carrot nose, eyes, mouth and buttons with your markers and then cut out washi tape triangles for winter hats and rectangles for little scarfs. I cut a little triangle out at the end of my scarfs but little ones will obviously not be able to do this. I also added a white ball at the end of the hats with my white chalk marker.
You can clearly see how much fun I had decorating my cute snowmen. From choosing the different patterned sweaters and hats, to giving each snowman a unique personality, it was a blast.