I love, love when we do a craft that is not only open-ended but is one the entire family can join in on. We made these paper bag monster puppets last week and it was such a joy to pull out the craft supplies and sit around the table all together as a family and each of us create our own unique monster. If you are looking for a fun Halloween craft the whole family can enjoy, grab the craft supplies, some snacks and enjoy making these silly paper bag monster puppets.
HOW TO MAKE PAPER BAG MONSTER PUPPETS
- paper lunch bag
- acrylic paint (color of your choice)
- colored cardstock paper
- scrapbook scissors (optional)
- circle punches (optional-we used a 3-inch, 2-inch, 1 1/2-inch and 1-inch)
1. Paint the front and bottom of your paper bag with the color of your choice. Let it dry completely. After painting the bag I like to open the bag up for it to dry so any paint under the bottom flap of the bag doesn’t make the bag stick together.
2. Use your colored cardstock paper, construction paper, scissors, circle punches and markers to design a unique monster.
Let your creativity take over! Think eyeballs, teeth, fun patterns, pointy ears and horns. I even added a silly tongue and some long eyelashes on my monster.
One of my sons used markers to draw a fun design on his monster and gave him arms and long horns on his head.
The extra fun part comes after you are finished making your monsters and can watch your kids put on a cute puppet show. Who am I kidding though, I had a lot of fun participating in the puppet show too.