Our obsession with crafting with newsprint continues with this darling penguin newspaper craft. This fun craft makes a lovely winter themed craft for kids and pairs well with any children’s book about penguins. The combination of newsprint, cardstock and felt snowflake stickers makes this a mixed media project for kids of all ages to enjoy. We even have a template available to make prep time a breeze!
HOW TO MAKE A PENGUIN NEWSPAPER CRAFT
- blue cardstock
- white cardstock
- orange construction paper or cardstock
- black paint
- sponge dabber painting brush
- paper plate
- 1-inch googly eyes
- snowflake stickers (optional)
PENGUIN NEWSPAPER CRAFT INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Begin by pouring a small amount of black paint on your paper plate. Use your sponge dabber painting brush to dab and paint a sheet of newspaper. Let it sit to dry completely.
2. Print out the penguin newspaper craft pattern. Use the template to cut out the penguin body and arms from your black painted newspaper. Then cut out the belly and eyes from unpainted newspaper. Lastly, cut out the beak from orange construction paper. (NOTE: Purchasing the template is optional. You can cut out your own pieces from the newspaper.)
3. Tear off a section of your white cardstock to use for a snowy hill. Glue the snowy hill at the bottom of your blue background cardstock.
4. Glue the penguin pattern pieces onto your background. Start by gluing the penguin body at the bottom of your paper. Then glue the belly at the bottom of the body. Next glue the eyes, beak and arms onto your penguin. The arms are my favorite because kids can position them in so many different ways giving their penguin craft some extra personality.
5. Finish your cute penguin newspaper craft by adding snowflake stickers around your paper.
YOUR PENGUIN NEWSPAPER CRAFT IS COMPLETE!