Create your own handprint Thing 1 and Thing 2 handprint art from the popular book by Dr. Seuss called Cat In The Hat. With National Read Across America Day approaching, we’ve been pulling out and reading some of our favorite Dr. Seuss books which also means Dr. Seuss inspired craft projects to go along with them. Check out our first project below using just a few supplies to get started.
Here’s how to make your own Dr. Seuss handprint art!
- Red, Teal & White Paint
- Glue Stick
- Pencil and Black Permanent Marker
1. Download and print The Thing 1 and Thing 2 logos.
2. Cut out the logos and set them aside.
3. Paint the palm of your child’s hand with white paint and paint their fingers with teal paint. Refer to the photo.
4. Help your child press their hand down onto the canvas. Carefully pull up their hand to avoid smearing the paint.
5. Wash your child’s hand and dry it off completely.
6. Paint your child’s entire hand with red paint.
7. Help your child press their hand down onto the canvas just below the white and teal handprint. 8. Make sure to point their handprint the opposite way. Refer to the photo.
9. Allow the paint to dry completely and don’t forget to wash your child’s hand! (yikes, what a mess that would be)
10. Draw a face on the canvas with pencil. Trace the pencil with permanent marker.
11. Use a glue stick to glue the Thing 1 and Thing 2 logos on.
Your canvas is done!